- A chance encounter with Xavier Rudd, a musician who was drawn to my photographs as I was to his music. Through a series of events I found myself touring the world with him, building his elaborate setup and looking after his instruments.
- I feel incredibly lucky to have been able to tour to the most amazing places, from New York City to Montreal and Arnhem Land to the Rocky Mountains.
Which allowed me to meet musicians and artists that all share a common creative ground.
- Accompanying the exhibition will be a limited edition Photojournal available for purchase, one of 2000 numbered copies, signed by James Looker & Xavier Rudd.
- This body of work holds moments of life captured on the road, from the past 6 years.
It is my work captured on still-film. Inspired by the world around me, and mysteries within.
- ---And it---s never the perfect image I expect to find when processing my film, it---s the unexpected moments that both catch my eye and inspire me. I simply love to capture life.--•
~ James Looker.
James Looker, On the road with Xavier Rudd
---Xavier Rudd: a traveling portrait---
April 9 - 22. Opening: 6pm Wednesday April 8, with Xavier Rudd in attendance
This pictorial collection of travel, inspiration and life, takes us on a journey through the lens of James Looker, with roots-musician and friend, Xavier Rudd. Over the last 6 years the fusion of music and photography has lent itself to James--• love of capturing photo-journalistic moments on film.
---And it---s never the perfect image I expect to find when processing my film, it---s the unexpected moments that both catch my eye and inspire me. I simply love to capture life.--•
~ James Looker.